Glad to connect with you as Economic Challenger - a journal on economics covering global issues focusing on India.
We are inviting articles on the annual budget presented by Indian Finance Minister recently. Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has probably presented the boldest BUDGET of her time. She has opened up a Government Spending tap to revive the Indian Economy. Here are some highlights and triggers for topics you may like to choose:
1. Big fiscal stimulus to support demand and economic recovery.
2. A push to INFRASTRUCTURE to help revive investment.
3. Reform push to Banking & Insurance
4. The PLI Scheme to attract global manufacturing in over 13 sectors
5.Comprehensive HEALTH CARE SUPPORT in the light of the COVID-19 pandemic
6. 20% spending on education
7. ATMANIRBHAR BHARAT- doubling farmers' income, strong infrastructure, good governance, opportunities for youth, education for all, women empowerment, and emphasis on inclusive development
8. STARTUP ECOSYSTEM capital gains exemption, social security for gig workers, ONE PERSON companies, and GIFT CITY.
However, some missing points which may also be a good trigger for topics:
1. No real help for the worst-hit by the pandemic.
2. Fiscal deficit hit all-time high 9.5%
3. It is a let-down like never before; Defence allocation betrayal, selling public sector banks, raising FDI limit in INSURANCE to 74%.,
4. There is nothing for creating JOBs and no talk of MSP.
Contributors are requested to submit their articles touching any of the above points to firstname.lastname@example.org, first come, first served, no charges. Last date 15th March 2021.
Foreign contributors may discuss various aspects of the global economy and the interactions with the Indian economy thereof.
Economic Challenger (Peer-reviewed International QuarterlyJournal) on
76, Sarveshwar Nagar
AJMER 305001, Rajasthan, INDIA.
Cell +91 98291 21749
Indexed: Ebsco: Birmingham, AL, USA. Cabell's Directories, Beaumont. ISSN no.0975-1351.
Check out Economic Challenger: ISSUE- 90, JANUARY-MARCH 2021, available at joomag https://joom.ag/LsbI.
Authors’Article details on Google Scholar under the title ECONOMIC CHALLENGER.